The Supervisor Development Skills
Delegate will learn how to:
- Know what real supervision is, and be able to explain to others what it is, and what it means
- Understand and practice basic supervisory skills
- Define the difference between the supervisory and the operational roles
- Explain how to set and monitor objectives
- Explain what motivates you and describe ways to motivate others effectively
- Manage performance for results
- Use different techniques to communicate effectively with your team
- Use an appropriate strategy for delegating to others
- Motivate and support others in the achievement of targets
- Demonstrate effective questioning skills
- How to communicate effectively
- How to empower yourself and the Staff who work with you
- Describe your own sources of power and influence and know how to use and develop your influence to get support and help you to be an effective supervisor
Who Should Attend?
First level supervisors and those with leadership and managerial potential and capabilities.
What Is A Supervisor?
- Should you be a supervisor?
- What are the skills of an effective supervisor?
- Different ways to supervise others
- Supervisory styles
- Common mistakes you don’t want to make
Managing Performance - Getting Results
- Characteristics of Performance Management
- You and the business plan
- Getting productivity through people
- The importance of strategic Goal Setting
- Develop the 5 Success essentials
- Benefits and barriers to delegation
- How, when and to whom to delegate
- Getting it done right – instructing others
Managing Performance – Problems And People
- What motivates me?
- What motivates others?
- Motivation creates energy
- The 3 Major steps of motivation
- How to manage conflict
- Working with different types of personalities
- What is Communication?
- Three major levels of Communication
- The significance of Non-Verbal Communication
- Factors that affect your Communication
- Effective ways to Communicate
- Brain Communication impact
- Positive Visual imaging
- Good / Bad relationships
- Planning a Team meeting
- How to be a decisive Decision maker
- Improving your ability to make decisions
- Barriers to communication
- Team communications
- Running a team meeting.
- Communicating in writing
Building Powerful Influence
- What is personal empowerment?
- Sources of personal power
- Developing your Mind, Attitude, Appreciation & Character influence
- Mind Think power
- Know the impact of Teleological Thinking
- Building trust and believability: walking your talk
- 10 Essential Qualities of a Top Supervisor
- Planning for your future – developing yourself
- How to stay Motivated
Event End Date
Leadership and Management