This course is designed to provide individuals with a comprehensive understanding of project planning, scheduling, monitoring, reporting, and control principles and techniques in the oil sector. Participants will learn how to develop successful project plans that meet project goals, deliverables, budgets, and timelines, as well as how to monitor and control project progress. Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be prepared to obtain the Certified Project Leader (CPL) certification.
The course’s primary objective is to equip participants with a wide range of skills and knowledge necessary to plan, schedule, monitor, report and control oil sector projects effectively. The following are some of the course’s objectives:
- Understand the fundamentals of project management
- Learn project planning, scheduling and control techniques
- Develop project management skills
- Acquire efficient monitoring and reporting practices
- Learn to manage project change control
- Strategic project decision making
Who Should Attend
This course is best suited for project management professionals in the oil and gas sector who are seeking to strengthen their management skills. The course is recommended for:
- Project managers and engineers
- Project control professionals
- Business analysts and financial analysts
- Operations managers and supervisors
- Other professionals who work in the oil and gas sector and are involved in project management.
Introduction to Project Management
- Overview of project management
- Project lifecycle
- Types of project management methodologies and approaches
- Project management roles and responsibilities
- Project management competencies and characteristics.
Project Planning and Scheduling
- Project scope definition
- Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) development
- Resource and budget estimation
- Critical path analysis and schedule development
- Inputs to project scheduling: dependencies, constraints, and assumptions.
Project Monitoring and Reporting
- Project monitoring and tracking principles
- Variance analysis techniques
- Understanding Earned Value Management (EVM)
- Monitoring project performance indicators
- Project quality assurance.
Project Control and Change Management
- Introduction to project control
- Change management principles
- Configuration management principles
- Schedule control and analysis
- Estimating and managing project risks.
Strategic Decision Making
- Strategic decision making principles
- Overview of CPL certification requirements
- Sample questions and answers for CPL
- Examination preparation guidelines
- Final review of key concepts.